The Numbers Game – Rhode Island Lottery
Rhode Island’s The Numbers game debuted in 1976 and still remains one of the state’s most popular lottery games. It was the first Rhode Island Lottery game where players were free to select their own numbers.
Interestingly, The Numbers game has televised evening drawings hosted by Communication majors from local colleges.
The Numbers Drawing Schedule
The Numbers game has two drawings daily. The first drawing is at 1:30 PM EST on all days, and the second one is at 6:59 PM (except on Sundays when it is at 6:29 PM).
Tickets must be purchased before before 1:20 PM to qualify for the fist drawing, and before 6:50 PM (6:20 PM on Sundays) for the second drawing.
The evening drawings are televised live on WPRI-TV, and can be viewed on myRI-TV.
The Numbers Payout and Mechanics
To play The Numbers game, follow these steps:
- Choose game type – 4 digits, 3 digits, back 3 digits, or front 2 digits (2-digit plays are available at Lottery terminals)
- Select bet type – straight, box, or combo
- Set wager amount – $.50, $1, $5, $2 ($2 plays are available at Lottery terminals)
- Pick your numbers depending on your game type. Quick Pick is also available.
- Select draw time – first or second drawing, or both
The Numbers Payouts
Refer to the table below for the different prize amounts for The Numbers game:
The Numbers Prize Claiming
Prizes amounting to $599 or less can be claimed from any authorized Rhode Island Lottery retailer. Larger prizes must be claimed personally at the Rhode Island Lottery headquarters in Cranston.
Players have up to 1 year after the winning draw to claim their prizes.
The Numbers Game Winning Numbers and Results
To find the latest winning numbers for The Numbers game, you can visit the following links: