Washington Lottery: Results, Winning Numbers, and General Information
About the Washington Lottery
The Washington Lottery started in 1982, with a mandate to generate funds for various state programs. Unlike other state lotteries, the Washington Lottery isn’t pledged to support a particular domain (e.g., public education, the elderly). Instead, funds are divided among any state programs that might need these.
The bulk of the Washington Lottery’s revenues still go to public education. However, significant percentages have also helped fund projects such as stadium and exhibition center debt reduction, as well as problem gambling treatment programs.
Washington Lottery Tickets
You can buy lottery tickets from authorized retailers all over Washington. If you need help finding one near you, the Washington Lottery website has a convenient “Where to Play” section that lets you find retailers based on your ZIP code, city, and street.
You get 180 days to claim any prizes you’ve won:
- Lottery draw games: 180 days from drawing date
- Scratch-off games: 180 days from game closing date
Can I buy WA Lottery tickets online?
No. Washington state law forbids the online sale and purchase of lottery tickets.
WA Tickets Payment Methods
You can buy tickets at your nearest authorized retailer using cash. Depending on the retailer, credit or debit cards might also be accepted.
Washington Lottery Games and Drawing Schedules
The Washington Lotto offers great value-for-money, since you get 2 plays for every $1 you spend. For each ticket, you’ll need to pick two sets of 6 numbers each. Numbers can be anywhere from 1-49, and you must match all 6 winning draw numbers to hit the jackpot
The Washington Lotto pot starts at $1 million, and it rolls over with every draw until someone wins.
Washington Lotto draws take place every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 8 PM Pacific Time.
The Washington Hit 5 runs thrice-weekly draws with a jackpot that starts at $100,000 and grows until somebody wins. To play, you must select 5 numbers, each from 1-39. Your selection must match all 5 winning draw numbers if you want to win the jackpot.
Washington Hit 5 draws are held every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 8 PM Pacific Time.
Washington Match 4 draws are held every day, with a top prize of $10,000 per draw.
You must select 4 numbers, each from 1-24. To score the jackpot, your numbers must match all of the winning draw numbers.
Washington Match 4 drawings are held every day at 8 PM Pacific Time.
The Washington Lottery’s Daily Game has a top prize of $500 up for grabs every day. To play, you must pick 3 numbers from 0-9, select a playstyle, and a bet amount. You win the jackpot when your combination matches the winning draw numbers in exact order.
You can choose from 6 different playstyles:
- Straight: You must match the winning numbers in the exact order. Available for $0.50 or $1 per ticket.
- Box: You can match the winning numbers in any order. Available for $0.50 or $1 per ticket.
- Straight/Box: You can match the winning numbers in any order or in exact order. Available only at $1 per ticket.
- Superbox: You get to play Straight bets for all possible combinations of your chosen numbers, boosting your chance of winning.
- Front Pair: You select 2 numbers (instead of 3), which must match the first 2 winning numbers in exact order.
- Back Pair: You select 2 numbers (instead of 3), which must match the last 2 winning numbers in exact order.
Washington Daily Game draws are held once a day at 8 PM Pacific Time.
Washington Lottery Game Schedules
|Lotto||Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays||8 PM PST|
|Hit 5||Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays||8 PM PST|
|Match 4||Every day||8 PM PST|
|Daily Game||Every day||8 PM PST|
Notable Winners of Washington Lotteries
Here are some of the Washington Lottery’s notable winners for 2018:
- A Navy veteran from Kalama won half of the $5.1 million jackpot for the Washington Lotto
- A man from Seattle won $160,000 playing Hit 5
- A woman from Marysville won $190,000 playing Hit 5
- Michael Robinson of Everett also won $190,000 playing Hit 5
- Lester Fleenor of Walla Walla won $250,000 playing Hit 5
Scratch-off games have also seen many big wins:
- A woman from Snohomish won $1,000,000 playing Mega Multiplier
- A man from Kent took home $200,000 playing Big Money
- A woman from Mount Vernon won $200,000 playing Holiday Countdown
- Olga Rodriguez of Richland won $250,000 playing Wild Cash
Washington Lottery Instant Games
Washington Lottery Scratch-Off Games
The Washington Lottery runs multiple scratch games, launching at least one new game per month. You can find scratch-off cards at the following price points:
Top prizes can go as high as $2,000,000 depending on the game.
Washington Lottery KENO
The Washington Lottery runs a daily KENO draw, with a maximum prize of $500,000 (for players who bet $5 for a 10-spot game). Draws are held at 8 PM PST.
Washington Lottery Second Chances
What is Second Chance?
Do you want another shot with your non-winning lottery tickets? Second chance games give you exactly that. Many lotteries simply ask you to submit your tickets for a chance to win. Prizes can go as high as several million dollars per game. To learn more, check out our article on second chance games.
How does Second Chance work for the WA Lottery?
You must sign up on the Washington Lottery’s Second Chance microsite to join any second chance promotional draws. Registration is free.
Washington follows other state lotteries’ lead and offers limited-time second chance drawings rather than running regular second chance drawings for specific games.
Information on the Washington Lottery
Washington Lottery Offices
The Washington Lottery’s head office is at 814 4th Avenue East, Olympia, WA 98506.
There are 5 regional offices in all:
|Area||Office Address||Contact Number|
|Everett||11419 19th Ave SE, Suite A106|
Everett, WA 98208-5120
|Federal Way||33701 9th Ave. S|
Federal Way, WA 98003
|Spokane||10517 East Sprague Avenue|
Spokane Valley, WA 99206-3631
|Vancouver||1503 Northeast 78th Street, Suite #4|
Vancouver, WA 98665-9668
|Yakima||9 South 5th Avenue|
Yakima, WA 98902-3431
Washington Lottery Customer Support
For customer support, you can contact the Washington Lottery during weekdays from 8 AM to 5 PM through:
- Phone (360) 810-2888
- Fax (360) 515-0416
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winning numbers hotline: (800) 545-7510
Washington Lottery Social Accounts
The Washington Lottery also publishes updates through its official social media accounts:
Washington Lottery Apps and Technology
The Washington Lottery offers a mobile app for iOS and Android, though you won’t be able to buy tickets through your phone. You can:
- Scan your draw or scratch-off ticket to see if you’ve won
- Find nearby lottery ticket retailers
- Get results and alerts for your favorite Washington lottery games
Washington Lottery Results and Winning Numbers
You can check Lottery USA for the latest lottery draw results, jackpot amounts, prize breakdowns, and more.