Cash4Life – New York Lottery
If you like the sound of receiving $1000 every day for the rest of your life, then Cash4Life offers you the chance to win exactly that.
New York Cash4Life Drawing Schedule
Featuring bi-weekly draws, New York Cash4Life winning numbers are drawn every Monday and Thursday at 9:00 PM EST.
New York Cash4Life Payout and Mechanics
New York Cash4Life offers really simple mechanics. To play, you must pick 5 main numbers from a pool consisting of 1 to 60, plus a Cash Ball number from a pool ranging from 1 to 4.
To win the jackpot, you must match all five of your main numbers along with the Cash Ball. Meanwhile, to win the second prize, you must match five of your main numbers. There are nine prize tiers in total.
It’s that simple!
New York Cash4Life Payouts and Odds
|5 + 1||$1000 a day for life||1 in 21,846,048|
|5||$1000 a week for life||1 in 7,282,016|
|4 + 1||$2500||1 in 79,440|
|4||$500||1 in 26,480|
|3 + 1||$100||1 in 1,471|
|3||$25||1 in 490|
|2 + 1||$10||1 in 83|
|2||$4||1 in 28|
|1 + 1||$2||1 in 13|
New York Cash4Life Prize Claiming
If you win the top two prize tiers, you can choose between a lump sum payout or annuity payout. If you choose the lump sum, you get $7,000,000 for the jackpot, while the second prize awards $1,000,000 in cash.
Meanwhile, if you choose the annuity, you will get $1,000/day for life for the jackpot, while $1,000/week for life for the second prize.
Finally, take not that New York Cash4Life prizes are subject to state and federal taxes, so don’t expect to get all of the advertised prize.
The Biggest New York Cash4Life Winners
Because of the unique prize structure of New York Cash4Life, technically there is no “biggest winner.” Of course, while there isn’t a player that won a prize larger than any other player, that’s not to say there aren’t big winners.
All jackpot winners win $7,000,000 (before taxes) or $1,000/day for life, after all. That’s still a respectably large sum!
Here are some of New York Cash4Life’s jackpot winners:
- The first ever winner from New York City of the $1,000/day for life jackpot was Edna Aguayo of Ozone Park, Queens. Edna, a retired transit cop, who won the coveted New York Cash4Life on the July 14, 2014 drawing.
- The New York Lottery however confirmed that a jackpot-winning ticket for the June 23 drawing was purchased at a 7-Eleven in Bayside—that’s a month prior to Edna’s win. That said, it’s not clear whether the winner did end up claiming his/her prize. There’s currently no record of it.
- Frederick McClendon, a retired bus driver from Brooklyn, won the top prize by way of—believe it or not—a Quick Pick. He bought his ticket on November 24, 2014 at an MX Wines & Spirits store in Brooklyn, where the clerk would later tell him that someone had won the latest drawing. McClendon checked his ticket immediately and, sure enough, he became the 160th New Yorker that would win more than $1M during the 2014 drawings of NewYork Cash4Life.
- Rodney Cochran, who is also from Brooklyn (and, also worked as a bus driver at the time) won the $7M top prize for the July 31 drawing. At the time of his win he told the press that he would use his prize to help his family and improve his living conditions.
New York Cash4Life Facts
- The top three prize tiers have liability limits—which means that should there be more than a reasonable number of winners, each player will automatically get their prize in lump sum form.
- Around 55% of ticket sales go to the prize pool.
- New York and New Jersey were the first to offer Cash4Life games back in June 2014.
New York Cash4Life Numbers and Results
To find the latest winning New York Cash4Life numbers, you can visit the following links: