Set for Life Australia Hot and Cold Numbers
- Regular Balls
- Regular Balls
Exclusive Offer For LotteryCritic Readers
How to Play Set for Life Australia?
To play Set for Life, all you have to do is pick 8 numbers from 1 to 37. You can do this either with a QuickSET or a marked entry.
- QuickSET: If you go with a QuickSET, the computer will automatically choose your numbers for you. You can purchase anywhere between 2 to 50 sets of numbers, and you’ll automatically join the next 7 daily draws.
- Marked Entry: You can also choose your own numbers. Similarly, you can purchase from 2 to 50 number combinations and automatically join the next 7 daily draws.
- System Entry: System entries are only available in Western Australia. These let you choose fewer or more numbers, and the computer will automatically generate multiple sets for you – either by combining your numbers with the all remaining numbers (if you choose fewer than 8 numbers) or creating all possible number combinations (if you choose more than 8 numbers). System entries gives you more chances of winning and lets you win in multiple prize divisions.
You can also play with advanced entries. Just mark your ticket and specify a particular week within the next 10 weeks to join drawings on.
Alternatively, you can submit a multi-week entry and automatically join the next consecutive weeks of draws, up to a maximum of 10. Or you can set up a subscription so you never miss out on a draw.
How much is a Set for Life ticket?
In Western Australia, you can purchase a minimum of 2 sets of numbers for Set for Life for A$8.40. This qualifies you for the next 7 drawings, which is 14 plays in total.
The price is A$0.10 higher in other parts of Australia – increasing the minimum ticket price to A$8.50 for 2 sets of numbers for 7 drawings.
How to buy Set for Life tickets?
You can buy Set for Life tickets in-store from any authorized retailer. You can also play online via The Lott’s official website or mobile app for most Australian regions, or from Lotterywest if you are from Western Australia.
Follow these links to buy your Set for Life tickets now:
What time is the Set for Life Australia draw?
Set for Life is drawn every evening night at approximately 9:45 PM AEST.
How to win Set for Life?
It’s simple! Every draw, 8 main numbers are drawn with the addition of 2 bonus numbers. If you match all 8 of the main numbers in one set, you win the first division prize. If you match only 7 main numbers and 1 of the bonus numbers, you win the second division prize, and then so on.
There are 8 prize divisions up for grabs. You can check out the payout table below for more details.
Set for Life Payouts
The first division prize for Set for Life is A$20,000 paid out every month for 20 years.
Note that the second to eighth prize division payouts are based on the total prize fund, so amounts are not fixed. Each prize division is pari-mutuel, which means all winners in one division share the allotted amount for that division.
Also, the average payouts shown below are based on recent data, but can fluctuate greatly from one draw to the next, based on total ticket sales and the number of winners in each division.
|Division||Numbers Matched||Average Payout|
|1||8 of 8||A$20,000 a month for 20 years|
|2||7 of 8 + 1 Bonus||A$7,000|
|3||7 of 8||A$700|
|4||6 of 8 + 1 Bonus||A$100|
|5||6 of 8||A$30|
|6||5 of 8 + 1 Bonus||A$20|
|7||5 of 8||A$15|
|8||4 of 8 + 1 Bonus||A$10|
The first division prize is guaranteed for up to 4 winners every draw. If there are more than 4 winners, A$80,000 a month for 20 years (A$19.2 million) is split between them.
What are the odds of winning Set for Life Australia?
The odds of winning the Set for Life first division prize is 1 in 38,608,020. Check out the full breakdown below:
- The odds of winning the first prize division is 1 in 38,608,020.
- The odds of winning the second prize division is 1 in 2,413,001.
- The odds of winning the third prize division is 1 in 178,741.
- The odds of winning the fourth prize division is 1 in 25,070.
- The odds of winning the fifth prize division is 1 in 3,928.
- The odds of winning the sixth prize division is 1 in 946.
- The odds of winning the seventh prize division is 1 in 236.
- The odds of winning the eighth prize division is 1 in 89.
Note that the odds displayed are based on 1 set of numbers.
Other Australian Lotteries
Check latest lottery results, jackpot amounts, winning odds, prize payouts, weekly drawing schedule and other useful information for all Australian lotteries like Powerball, Oz Lotto, Saturday Lotto, Monday and Wednesday Lotto, and Instant Scratch Games.