Lottery Odds Calculator: Calculate Your Odds of Winning The Lottery
Setup The Draws For The Lottery Odds Calculator
How Many Tickets Would you Like to Buy?
Lottery Calculator Odds Results
Math Calculation Steps
How Does the Odd Calculator Work?
The Lottery Odds Calculator helps you understand your chances of winning a lottery. It calculates these odds by breaking down your probability of correctly picking each number and then combines these probabilities to find your overall odds.
For example, if you're choosing five numbers from a range of 1 to 69 and one additional number from 1 to 26 (like in Mega Millions), the calculator computes the likelihood of each number being correct and factors in the order of selection. It might seem complex, but the calculator simplifies the math for you.
Our lottery odds calculator displays the odds of correctly guessing winning numbers drawn in a lotto game. You can calculate the overall odds and probability for each number or for the bonus ball.
The math involved is shown, so you can find out how to calculate combinations of lottery numbers on your own.
The calculator works with most traditional lotteries featuring at least 3 numbers drawn, and you can add as many additional numbers as you wish. It’s also possible to use it for games allowing repeat numbers. However, it won't work with games that require matching the balls drawn in the exact order.
Additionally, our calculator can show you how purchasing more than one ticket/play can improve your odds of winning. You can also use the calculator for bonus numbers drawn from a separate pool, known as bonus balls.
Please note that our calculator can also account for bonus numbers drawn from a separate pool, providing complete computations for games like Powerball and Mega Millions.
Directions to Use
Here’s how to use the calculator to calculate the odds of winning your select lottery:
- Select the Lottery: Choose the specific lottery game you want to calculate the odds for. Some popular lotteries may have preset options for your convenience.
- Specify the Number of Balls: For the first set of balls (usually white balls), enter the total number of balls in the set and the range (from 1 to a certain number, e.g., 1 to 69). If the lottery includes a second set of balls (like a Powerball or Mega Ball), provide the number of balls and their range.
- Calculate Odds: Click the “CALCULATE ODDS” button to generate the probability of winning based on your inputs.
- Number of Tickets: Optionally, you can specify the number of tickets you plan to buy.
- View Results: The calculator will display your odds of winning, often alongside an amusing comparison to something rare, providing context for the improbability of winning.
Finally, you can use our easy-to-use Powerball Payout & Tax Calculator and Mega Millions Payout & Tax Calculator to calculate taxes on your lottery winnings by each state plus the payouts for both cash (lump-sum) and annuity options.
1. Is it possible to calculate lottery numbers?
Calculators as such are built on the assumption that each number drawn in a lottery has an equal probability of being the winning number. In line with this, there are no tools that can help calculate the winning numbers.
2. What are the 5 most common winning lottery numbers?
Based on data spanning the last 61 years, USA Mega found 10, 14, 3, and 7 to be the luckiest numbers.
2. What is the lottery formula?
The lottery formula to calculate the odds is as follows: x = C(n,r) / [C(r,m) * C(n-r, r-m)]. n is the number of balls in the pool, r represents the number of balls to be drawn, and m represents the expected number of matches.
3. How can I calculate the probability of winning the lottery?
To calculate the odds of winning the lottery, you can divide the number of winning lottery numbers by the total number of any possible lottery number that can be drawn.