Best New Jersey Betting Sites 2022
Sports betting in New Jersey is only a few years old, but there are already over 20 bookies accepting sports wagers in the state, and the state's betting volume continues to prove that age is just a number. With total wagers surpassing $1 billion per month several times in the past 6 months, the trend is clear—betting in New Jersey has well and truly arrived.
While each of these 20 sites claims to offer the best services, they can’t all be the king, right?
If you’re starting off your sports betting adventure and you want to enjoy top-notch features such as competitive odds, generous signup bonuses, and wide sports markets, our list below discusses the pros and cons of each of these New Jersey Sites and helps you decide…which is best for you?
Best Online New Jersey Betting Sites 2022
How We Rank the Best Sportsbooks In New Jersey
When we are ranking the best New Jersey betting sites we aren’t just following a black and white rulebook—there’s a bit more nuance to it than that. Our experience and discretion as betting experts can sometimes come into play. With that being said, there are a few things that we always check and that simply cannot be overlooked when finding the best betting sites.
Listed below are those such factors we consider before selecting the best New Jersey sites:
New Jersey Licensed
Before anything else, we check for betting licenses. From experience, we've learned that it's only ever a good idea to wager with licensed sportsbooks. Legal sportsbooks operate following strict rules of the regulatory body. All of our recommended platforms have a local license from New Jersey.
Reputation is another factor that we consider before rating a New Jersey online betting site. We scour the web, searching for what other bettors have to say about their experience on the platform. We never base our reviews on the comments of every bettor, but it's an excellent way to identify sites we should avoid from the get-go. The best sites will often have great customer service and will see to discuss with customers openly about how their experiences could be improved.
Safety & Security
One thing we never fail to check is how safe the online betting site is. A secure platform would employ the proper technologies to protect your sensitive data such as SSL encryption and an updated website. With this, there's a slim chance of a breach and even smaller chances of misusing your information. Our experts check through the platform and note the security measures in place.
The best sportsbooks are built so customers can experience no problems while betting. But things are not always rosy, and you will need customer support at some point. We settle for sites with top-notch customer service that you can access through email, live chat, and a telephone line. It's also better if these channels are open 24/7, and always available to attend to you.
Bonuses & Promotions
Bonuses are the most attractive features of online betting platforms. However, it's not every promotion that you claim, regardless of how attractive. Our experts search for sites with the most lucrative offers and bonus terms.
Range of Betting Markets & Methods
Our top sites feature a wide range of betting markets, so you'll find something for you regardless of your preference. There are several sports to bet on like football, badminton, basketball, and hockey. These online New Jersey betting sites also let you place different types, including props, moneyline, accumulators, and futures.
Payment Methods Available
Regardless of how well a sportsbook is, customers won't enjoy what it offers if there are no suitable means for deposits and withdrawals. This is why we make sure that all platforms on our list offer a plethora of payment methods. If a wide range of banking options such as direct bank transfers, PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill aren’t available, there’s no hope for the site to make it onto our ‘best of’ list. Same goes for payment withdrawal speeds and withdrawal fees. If they aren’t competitive—usually same-day withdrawals—then they won’t feature among the best.
Mobile App Review
If you prefer mobile betting, you'd be concerned about the functionality of a site's mobile application. There's nothing to worry about, as this is an essential criterion for ranking our sportsbooks. Besides testing the mobile version, we look for what other players say about the app.
Is Betting Legal in New Jersey?
Yes, it's legal to wager on sports in New Jersey. On June 11, 2018, Gov. Phil Murphy officially signed the proposal to legalize online sports betting in New Jersey. This came one month after the US Supreme Court overturned the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PAPSA).
Under this law, bettors must be at least 21 before registering and placing real money wagers. It's also prohibited to wager on college teams in New Jersey or college events held within the state.
Presently, sports betting is already four years old in the state, and there's so much to show for it. In September 2021, the state became the first in the US to accept over one billion worth of bets. Crossing the one-billion-dollar threshold proved an increase in sports betting within the state.
Now, various online sportsbooks operate with a link to physical locations. However, New Jersey law considers bets placed outside the state as illegal. Online sports betting is regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement and the New Jersey Casino Control Commission.
How to Sign Up to Betting Sites in New Jersey
Signing up to a New Jersey online betting site is simple, and the entire process should take only a few minutes. Here is a breakdown of the steps to follow when creating a New Jersey sports betting account.
Step 1: Choose a New Jersey Sportsbook
The first step to creating an account is selecting a sportsbook that meets your needs. You must ensure the site has everything you want, whether a large sports market or lucrative bonus offers. We recommend selecting one of our recommended New Jersey betting sites.
Step 2: Download the Mobile App
Once you've found a suitable sportsbook, you should download the mobile app to allow you to place bets from your smartphone. Most platforms have a functional application you can install from your mobile store. These applications should be easy to use, and in most cases, they feature the same design as the computer platform.
Step 3: Sign Up – Fill in The Form with Accurate Information & Verification Docs – & Deposit
Now that you've downloaded the app, proceed to register. To do this, you'll have to enter personal details like your email address, your full name, and your phone number. Once your account is approved, head to the cashier to make your first deposit.
Step 4: Once the Account Is Verified, Claim Bonus & Start Betting
Before depositing, you should consider the welcome bonus. Deposit at least the minimum amount to claim the welcome offer. Depending on the site, you might get a matched deposit or a risk-free bet.
Top 5 New Jersey Betting Sites Reviewed
Why waste time trying to find the best sportsbook in New Jersey? We have evaluated and selected the top five betting platforms in New Jersey where you can make the most of your time betting. Here are mini-reviews to give you a general insight into what they offer.
Despite being a fantasy sports provider, FanDuel has done a great job introducing its customers to its premier sportsbook. Although it started operating in 2009, its sportsbook wasn't released until 2018.
FanDuel's extensive selections allow players to make the most of their bets. Finding the market you prefer is made simple by the app's and website's clean design. Also, there are daily promotions of boosted odds and several highly profitable parlay picks. There is also a thorough one-game parlay bet generator for individuals who prefer to create their parlay bets.
The live betting section of this sportsbook is one of its most outstanding features. Its live market is always packed with events from the top leagues and tournaments of different sports. In addition to live betting, bettors can catch games while they’re still on, thanks to its live streaming feature.
- Impressive signup bonus
- Excellent customer service
- Outstanding fantasy sports section
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Wide range of betting markets
- There are no fraction odds
- Limited sports betting market
- Slow customer service
Since its debut in 2012 as a top choice for daily fantasy sports, DraftKings has grown to become one of the top online sportsbooks. The operator now operates an extensive New Jersey sportsbook, providing betting opportunities across various sports.
Free-to-play tournaments are also one of the best features of DraftKings. You can compete in its Sportsbook Daily Pools contests every day, and win cash prizes as you play. DraftKings also runs short-term sportsbook promotions like risk-free bets, parlay boosts and many more. To top it all off, DraftKings offers a $100 refer-a-friend bonus for bettors in some states.
- Outstanding fantasy sports section
- Great bonuses and promotions
- Different bet types are available
- Easy-to-use website interface
- Fast payouts
- Limited customer service options
- Limited payment options
- State-restrictive promotions for existing bettors
Caesars is one of the biggest casino corporations in North America. Caesars Sportsbook provides a legal online sports betting platform for bettors in New Jersey.
The sportsbook stands out for its wide range of bonuses and promotions, which cater to the interests of all players. Customers can easily choose from boosted odds and high-value parlay bets daily.
When it comes to live betting, the sportsbook excels, thanks to its excellent betting coverage, with over 100 options for soccer and basketball. The on-screen scoreboard provides real-time text commentary and specific statistics to explain what is happening during games.
- Excellent odd boosts offers
- Multiple bonuses and promotions
- An extensive sports betting market
- User-friendly mobile platform
- Trusted sportsbook
- No live streaming
- Limited payment options
- Live betting data loads slowly
BetMGM launched in 2018 and has quickly risen to become one of the most trusted online sportsbooks. This is all thanks to their extensive range of betting lines and wide selection of sports coverage.
BetMGM has a huge spectrum of ongoing promotions for events and sports that are on par with the best in the business. They offer parlay insurance, odds boosts, and risk-free bet tokens for certain prop bets. Bettors also get a $50 bonus for every person they refer to the bookmaker.
Registered users also have access to a superb One Game Parlay builder that enables them to put together a customized parlay bet on any game easily. For individuals who wish to bet on the day's best activities swiftly, BetMGM supports preset parlay bets.
- Live streaming is available
- Over 20 sports betting events
- Trusted online sportsbooks
- Excellent future odds
- Generous welcome promotion
- Promotions are not available in every state
- Inferior mobile platform
- Substandard customer support
Kindred Group, a Malta-based online gaming corporation, owns and operates the Unibet Sportsbook. The sportsbook was founded in 1997 and currently ranks as one of the leading betting sites in the US. Unibet offers sports betting services in six US states – New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Arizona, Iowa, and Virginia. It's also available in various countries.
The desktop site and the mobile app are well-designed and come packed with diverse betting features. Unibet's welcome bonus is one of the best in the industry, and they also have some exciting promos for loyal customers.
The bookie has more than 35 sports, including soccer, cricket, baseball, horse racing, ice hockey, and winter sports. Bettors can even wager on less well-known sports like politics, TV shows, WWE, and wrestling. Additionally, the website broadcasts some of the games live so you can watch your favorite teams play. The “in-play betting” section lets you see scores and other things happening on the field in real-time.
- Reputable brand with over two decades under its belt
- Competitive odds for all markets
- Exciting promotions
- Wide collection of betting markets
- Superb betting platform
- Slow payouts
- No 24/7 customer support
- Live streaming is available for only a few events
Best New Jersey Betting Apps
As online betting continues to grow, New Jersey sportsbooks have provided user-friendly mobile apps to keep up with the trends. These apps work flawlessly on mobile devices like Android and iOS. Downloading and installing them is a breeze, as they follow a similar process to installing other applications. However, choosing the right mobile sportsbook app is another daunting task. Thankfully, we have compiled a list of the best New Jersey betting apps using our review process and our experience in the industry. Our recommended sportsbooks have a user-friendly interface and make placing bets easier. These platforms present diverse events to bet on and various sports, including popular and less popular games.
Our top mobile apps also facilitate easy banking by providing several payment options for New Jersey punters. Below are our best mobile sportsbooks.
Best NJ Betting Sites Welcome Offers
New Jersey sportsbooks will always have promotions to entice new customers, so you're bound to come across several at these sites. However, choosing a sportsbook with the most rewarding offers might be challenging. Remember that these New Jersey promos have terms and conditions which should be easy to fulfill.
Here are the most common bonus deals in New Jersey betting sites:
Risk-free bets are one of the most popular New Jersey betting offers. They appeal to players because they are risk-free, meaning you can't lose with these offers. If you win the risk-free wagers, the winnings are yours, but if you lose, the sportsbook credits you with a bonus. If you do get the bonus on a lost bet, you'll have to meet specific terms and conditions before you can use the freebie.
Free bets differ from site to site and are usually offered as a first deposit bonus. With a free bet, you get a small amount of money when you make a qualifying deposit. However, these offers also come with their fair share of restrictions.
Deposit bonuses are not only easy to understand, but they are also one of the most common forms of promotions. Deposit bonuses are given to new players after they fund their account. Most times, deposit bonuses are a percentage of your deposit amount. The most common is 100% of your deposit amount, which would therefore match your deposit in bonus form, but the percentage could be lower or higher.
No Deposit Bonus
No deposit bonuses are great because no deposit is needed. These offers are usually small amounts of money, between $5 to $10. While these offers seem to be the most rewarding, they often have high wagering conditions.
Sports Betting Types Offered in New Jersey
Sports betting is about placing wagers and seeing what the outcome will be. Experienced bettors will have no problem selecting a bet type, but the same can't be said for a rookie. Below are the most popular betting types in New Jrsey.
- Spread: Point spread involves betting on a winning margin set by the bookmaker. If you place your stake on a favorite, they have to win by more than the points allocated for your bet to result in a payout. For instance, if two teams – Cincinnati Bengals and Los Angeles Rams – were to play in the Super bowl. The favorite, LA Rams must win by enough points for you to win the bet.
- Parlay: Parlay are bets that combine single wagers into one large wager. However, all the selections must be correct for the bet to win. For instance, if you combine ten bets into one, everything must be correctly predicted for you to cash out. If one is incorrect, you lose the entire bet.
- Totals (over/ under): This is betting on whether a team or player would surpass or exceed a predetermined score. For instance, DraftKings set the totals of Chiefs vs. Titans at 50. If the result is 29 – 20, the total is 49, so anyone who bets under has won.
- Futures: With this bet, you're wagering on the outcome of a long-term game. For instance, you can bet on which player would win the NBA defensive player of the year. Another option is betting on who would finish as the top goal scorer for the Premier League.
- Live betting: A live bet is a wager placed after the commencement of a match. The sportsbooks will keep updating the lines and odds based on what happens during the game. For live betting, you can use different bet types, like Point spread, Moneyline, and totals.
- Moneyline: Moneyline is betting on who will win the game. However, the odds are based on the bookmaker. For instance, if Bills (-600) and Dolphins (+450) compete in a game. Betting $100 on Bills, you get $600 and your original $100 if your bet wins. The same applies when you bet on the underdog.
- Props: A prop bet, also known as a proposition bet, is a wager made on a sporting event unrelated to the result or final score. Props can be anything, from a quarterback's total passing yards to which team will score 30 points in a basketball game.
Which Sports Can I Bet on in New Jersey?New Jersey sports betting markets offer an array of possibilities. Bettors can bet on several sports events, national tournaments, and local games in New Jersey. Some of the major leagues available include the NFL, EPL, MLS, UFC, and PGA tours. However, the gambling laws prohibit you from wagering on college-based sports teams or college events held in New Jersey. Apart from the major sporting activities, you would also find markets for small-scale sports like NASCAR. Esports are also becoming popular, and several bookies have markets for them. If you have specific sports preferences, you should check if your selected sportsbooks offer those options. [/text]
Online Payment Options in New Jersey
Our recommended New Jersey online betting sites ensure you have suitable payment options for deposits and withdrawals. Below is a comprehensive list of the available payment methods on these platforms:
- PayPal: PayPal is one of the most popular e-wallets supported on online sportsbooks. Deposits via Paypal are swift, and withdrawals only take a few hours. However, before using this payment option, you are required to create a PayPal account and have it verified. Afterward, you can fund your newly active PayPal account using a debit or credit card, or via bank transfer.
- Debit/ Credit cards: MasterCard and Visa are the most popular cards and are suitable for deposits and withdrawals. However, it's important to note that not all online betting sites support these withdrawal methods. Also, not all banks accept transactions from gambling sites, making them a less preferred option for cashing out.
- Cash: You can use cash to deposit at the online sportsbooks' physical locations. All you need is your gambling account details and the amount you wish to deposit. Some sites support withdrawals with this alternative.
- Bank transfer: Bank transfers are another viable option for funding your sportsbook account. However, you must confirm with your bank to be sure that you can withdraw from a New Jersey betting site with this method. Deposits are instant, but withdrawals could take a while.
- Skrill: Skrill is a reliable payment option available on most online sportsbooks. Like PayPal, you must have an account with Skrill before using the service.
- ACH/ eCheck: With ACH, you can transfer funds easily from your account. It works similarly to using bank transfers for deposits. Withdrawals with this payment method could take a few days before getting to you.
- PayNearMe: if you don't have a bank account, Paynearme is the best option for funding your sportsbook account. You'll have to visit a physical retail location to get a barcode that you will scan for payments. It takes only a few minutes for the deposit to go through, but withdrawals could take a few days.
- Play+ Prepaid Card: Prepaid cards are an excellent alternative for online payments. They are not as popular as debit cards, but you'll find them at several New Jersey betting sites.
Responsible Gambling in New Jersey
New Jersey prioritizes responsible gambling and enforces measures to ensure that bettors remain on the right path. While you must register on a licensed platform, these sites must also have resources to help bettors. This is because gambling can get out of hand even though it is an entertaining activity.
If you have concerns about your habits, New Jersey sportsbooks have several tools to help. Some platforms allow you to set limits on how much you can wager daily, weekly, and monthly. It's also possible to set a reality check timer showing how long you have spent wagering on the site. Most of these platforms have a responsible gambling page where you can find information about controlling your gambling habits.
Some third-party organizations specialize in helping bettors faced with an addiction. You can easily reach out by visiting their websites or sending an email. The popular platforms include Gam Talk, and Gam Anon.
Is gambling legal in New Jersey?
Yes, it is legal to gamble in New Jersey. The act was passed into law by Governor Phil in 2018 after overturning the 1993 PASPA law.
Is it safe to gamble online in New Jersey?
Yes, gambling online is safe, provided you select a legal sportsbook. Before creating an account, ensure the site operates with a New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement license. Better still, you can select any of our platforms as each is licensed.
What sports can I bet on in New Jersey?
The state is home to several sports teams. Plus, its sportsbooks cover all major sports attractions, including Football, Basketball, and Baseball.
Are bonuses offered to new customers in New Jersey?
Yes, new customers can claim several bonuses, ranging from signup offers to free bets. The bonus you get depends on the site.
Do I have to live in New Jersey to bet online?
No, living in New Jersey is not a requirement to place bets online. However, betting with an NJ sportsbook should be within the state borders.
Can I bet on my mobile in New Jersey?
Yes, you can bet on your mobile in New Jersey. Most bookies have mobile applications for Android and iOS that you can download easily.