How to Play
Playing Cash4Life is very simple, and all you need to do is buy the ticket, fill it up, pay, and then wait for the draw to see if you’ve won.
However, since there are a few minor details you should know, let’s take a look at all of this on a step-by-step basis — from the time you decide to play to the time you get to see if you’ve won:
- Visit an authorized Cash4Life retailer and pick up a Cash4Life payslip to fill;
- There are five panels (A to E) on the slip, each representing a single play. Concentrate on panel A if you’re playing one game;
- Pick five numbers from the upper playfield with numbers ranging from 1 to 60. Alternatively, check the QP box to allow the terminal to pick random numbers for you;
- Pick one number from the lower playfield with numbers ranging from 1 to 4. This is the Cash Ball number. Once again, you can choose the QP field to get a random number;
- If you want to play several consecutive draws, you can pick the number of draws you want to play from the Advance Play area at the top of the payslip. You can choose from 5, 7, 10, 14, 15, 20, 21, 25, 28, or 30 consecutive draws. Alternatively, just tell the retailer how many draws you want to play;
- Review the choices. If you’ve made a mistake, tick the Void box and move to the next panel. Remember, you can’t cancel the play once you hand it over and the ticket enters the system;
- Pay $2 if you’ve played a single game. The retailer will print the ticket, on which you’ll get to see your play, the date and time of the draw, and the total cost of your ticket;
- Check the drawing results when the time comes on the official Florida Lottery site to see if you’ve won.
Cash4Life Drawing Schedule
Cash4Life is a daily lottery game, which means you can watch and participate in a draw every day. The draws are always scheduled at 9pm ET.
Cash4Life drawings are not televised, but you can check the results or watch the draw on the official site.
Payouts, Odds, and Rules
The rules of the game are pretty simple: you only need to correctly fill the payslip to participate, and this includes choosing five white ball numbers and one Cash Ball number.
To win the jackpot prize, you need to guess all six numbers correctly. If you guess only the five white ball numbers, you’ll get the second-best award, $1,000 per week for life. There are other prizes as well, and you can see them all in the table below:
|5/5 + Cash Ball||$1,000/day for life||1 in 21,846,048|
|5/5||$1,000/week for life||1 in 7,282,016|
|4/5 + Cash Ball||$2,500||1 in 79,440|
|4/5||$500||1 in 26,480|
|3/5 + Cash Ball||$100||1 in 1,471|
|3/5||$25||1 in 490|
|2/5 + Cash Ball||$10||1 in 83|
|2/5||$4||1 in 28|
|1/5 + Cash Ball||Free ticket||1 in 13|
As you can see from the table, the chances of winning each prize are different and often incredibly low. However, the overall odds for winning any prize are quite reasonable at 1 in 8.
The jackpot is paid out in annual payments of $365,000 for life, or a minimum of 20 years. You can also get it as a one-time payment of $7,000,000.
The second prize for guessing five out of five white-ball numbers is paid out in annual installments of $52,000 for life, or a minimum of 20 years. You can get it as a one-time payment as well in the amount of $1,000,000.
How to Claim Prizes
If you win any prize in the Cash4Life lottery game, claiming it will be pretty straightforward as long as you follow the instructions.
If you win less than $600, the process is simple as you only need to visit the closest retailer to claim the winnings.
If you win more than $600, you’ll get to choose from several claiming options:
- In-person — You can claim any prize from $600 to $999,000 at the Lottery Headquarters or any district lottery office during business hours. As for prizes valued at $1,000,000 or above, you can only claim them at a district office.
- By drop-off — Take the winning ticket, the Winner Claim Form, and a copy of a valid ID, and drop it off at the Lottery Headquarters or any district office. Your claim will be processed in 10-14 days, and once approved the winnings will be sent to your address.
- By mail — Send the winning ticket, the Winner Claim Form, and a copy of a valid ID to the Lottery Headquarters or any district office. Your claim will be processed in 35-45 days.
You also have to fill in the Winner Claim Form and present the required documentation to claim any prize above $600. You can find the form on the official Cash4Life site in your state, and the required documentation can be any government-issued form of ID if you’re claiming the prize in person. You can send copies of these same documents if you’re claiming by mail.
Whichever way of claiming the prize you choose, remember that your ticket will expire after 180 days from the draw date, so keep that in mind when claiming the prize.
Biggest Winners in Cash4Life
There have been many winners of the multistate Cash4Life lottery game. The first person in Florida to win $1,000,000 was Lawrence Albertie, who won the prize in March 2017. He bought the ticket at Flash Foods at 925-A S. 14th St. in Fernandina Beach.
In April 2021, Delroy Richardson from South Florida managed to grab the main jackpot of $1,000 per day for life. However, he decided to claim it as a lump sum of $7 million. He was 51-years old and bought his winning ticket at Lauderdale BP at 345 Southwest 24th Street in Fort Lauderdale.
Cash4Life History and Facts
- The first Cash4Life tickets went on sale in New York and New Jersey on June 13th, 2014;
- Cash4Life is available in 10 states, including Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Missouri;
- All profits from the FL Cash4Life sales are transferred to the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund to improve education throughout Florida.
How do you win in Cash4Life?
You win the jackpot by correctly guessing all six numbers on the slip. However, there are other prizes, and you can see what they are and how to win them in the table above.
When is the Cash4Life draw?
Drawings are held each day at 9pm ET.
How late can you buy Cash4Life tickets?
You can buy the ticket by 8:30pm ET on the day of the draw. If you’re late, the ticket will count for the next day’s drawing.